Liebster Award

 I have something fun for all of you today! Megan at Linn Acres Farm nominated me for a Liebster Award! 

 If you haven’t heard of it before don’t feel bad. Neither had I until I say her note on Facebook letting me know she had nominated me and that all the details were on her blog.
The Liebster award is something that one blogger gives to another blog they really enjoy reading. I did some digging and the guidelines have changed a bit over the years, if you’re interested in learning more check out this post.

Basically I answer 11 questions that Megan prepared for me and then nominate 11 (or 5 depending on what version is being followed) blogs with 200 (or 2000 depending on the version) that I love to answer 11 questions I write for them-you know, all those things you want to know about them! -and we all get a chance to learn more about the people behind the blogs we love as well as hopefully find some new ones along the way. There’s no obligation to participate but I think it’s a fun change of pace around here.

I just have to say I was surprised and tickled pink that Megan thought of me! All of you new readers here and on Facebook that have showed up recently have me terrified. Don’t get me wrong, I am so happy to have you here reading this but I feel so… inadequate. I didn’t realize what a responsibility I would feel to all of you. Somehow you found this place and you (I hope anyway) expect to be inspired and learn while you’re here and I don’t want to let you down. So please, if there’s anything you’re hoping I’ll write about soon, let me know!

Alright, back to the Liebster Award.
 I realized I don't read that many blogs regularly and most have may more than 200 readers so here are two that I "think" meet the criteria.

 My nominees are:
Throwback at Trapper Creek

And my questions:
1.What do you want all of us (your readers) to know about you?
2.Why did you start blogging?
3.What’s been your biggest home-made or DIY disaster so far?
4.What dreams do you have for your blog?
5.How important do you think your childhood was to who you are today?
6.Right now, as you’re answering this question, where are you and what’s going on around you?
7. If you weren’t a human what would you be and why?!
8.Describe your dream place:
9.Where is the most beautiful place you’ve ever been?
10.What experience or time in your life has been the greatest growing and changing you’ve went through so far?
11. Pick a hero and tell us why they inspire you!


 Here are the questions I was given:

1. Where are you from?

Ahhh, yes. I’m from North Central Washington. I grew up in a large county full of small towns with very few stoplights, lots of cows, orchards, mountains, wildlife and seasons.



2. What is your favorite food or recipe?

What???? Just one? I have to rebel right here and answer this question a little differently. I love home-cooked, home-grown, from scratch, real food. Full of pastured, grass fed, organic, sustainable ingredients. I love food! I will say the recipes I grew up with will always have a special place in my heart, even if I can’t say they are always my favorite. 


3. Do you prefer summer or winter?

I prefer seasons! I love a good winter, spring, summer and fall. I love how they change and that each season brings new beauty, chores and adventures (aka food!).


4. Why did you start blogging?

This is a hard one! Really, I started because I was bored out of my skull and needed a new project, but I decided to write Life From Scratch instead of the gazillion other things I could have done because I’ve always loved this lifestyle I was blessed to grow up with and enjoyed sharing what I knew and what I’m always learning with others.



5. Is there anything you'd like to change in your life?

No. I desperately wish I could change things about the world and how humanity treats each other, other creatures and the planet but I wouldn’t change anything that’s happened to me so far because I trust that god has a plan and I know I wouldn’t be the person I am today without both the joys and troubles I’ve had so far. 


6. What is your favorite holiday?

One I spend with people I love and good food!


7. What is your favorite thing to do with your free time?

F-r-ee t-ime? Huh, never heard of that before! Ok, ok, fine- maybe I have! As a born over-achiever and project addict I have lots of hobbies and interests. Along with all the ones you see here on Life From Scratch I also love writing fiction, poetry,  dancing ballet (not very well, so don’t get any ideas!), watercolor painting, color pencil and pen and ink drawing. 


8. Do you have a daily routine?

Survive every day with everyone fed and no one dead. Seriously though, I love routine but being a full time college student as well as living the way we do and blogging meanings that aside from making sure everyone gets fed and watered has clean bedding and that we sleep enough, no two days are the same. I very much look forward to a less stressful, more organized and routine future. 


9. Do you have any pets and if so what are their names?

Yep! Check out the Our Fur &Feathers page to meet our menagerie. We have added some rabbits and a flock of chickens to that list.


10. What is one of your favorite books?

I ain’t picking just one!
In order of what I could remember
Lorna Doone
Anything by Thomas Hardy or Robin McKinley
Robinson Crusoe
A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
Oliver Twist
Five Acres and Independence
The Foxfire books
Joy of Gardening

11. What would you do if you suddenly won the lottery?

Buy property pay off the small amount of debit we have and put the rest in a savings account, live off the interest and do good things!

All done! What's your favorite blog or do you have blog of your own? Feel free to share a link in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading this! It was nice to see the picture of where you're from too! I feel the same way about seasons :) And that's pretty cool that you were able to find out more about the award. I was wondering how it got started too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! I was very interested to learn more about the award, it was neat to find something out about how it started. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Add to the conversation!