Ready for Spring

I'm tired.
I am worn out!

Body and soul, I am in a rut. This horrible dark, damp PNW winter is getting to me. We had a few hours of sunshine today, but they didn't last very long, not long enough anyway. 

On top of that my sleep pattern is still all whacked out from the holidays.

 So, I'm going to start popping the omega-3 and D3 supplements and put myself to bed earlier. Oh and I'm going to eat more mushrooms and fermented goodies. I would normally just eat eggs and fish too, which I will still do but our hens are just barely starting to lay again. They took a much deserved three month break. We froze five or size dozen eggs which lasted through most of their molt but now I am SO ready for eggs again. When I found the first one a few days ago I about cried out of joy!


The weather lately has been crazy, it freezes one day and the next a warm spring breeze is tricking the bees into coming out and the trees into blooming.  It makes me downright crabby, but it really shouldn't since late winter and early spring are always unpredictable. But this year, well I guess I have finally maxed out my ability to deal with the yucky weather here. Emotionally and physically I feel like a drowned rat.

This is also the time of year that I find my thoughts turning towards the garden.
 Unfortunately, planting a real garden here would pretty much be beating my head against a rock. Remember that fall garden we planted? Well, the rabbits and goats made short work of it. I only harvested once, and it was barely even worth the seed that was wasted in the attempt. As long as there are marauding rabbits ( did you know marauding doesn't just mean making trouble it literally mean going around trying to steal stuff and kill people?! I know crazy right, alright back on topic) and smart goats in bad fences I won't be planting a real garden. So while this is the time of year I am normally picking out seeds, planning and gearing up to start plants I can't distract myself very much with that.  I will hopefully still be doing some container gardening; I can and totally will plan the pants of that! 


I hope all of you are doing a little better right now than I am. If not, at least now you know you aren't alone!
This post is participating in the From the Farm, Homestead Barn and Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways Blog Hops, check them out to find other great blogs like ours!

2 comments:

  1. try some peppermint tea...peppermint is a great mood enhancer..Diffuse some oil and breathe it in! and there are ways to keep the rabbits out of the garden...talk to someone at your local extension service or nursery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Linda! I actually drink peppermint tea all the time, its one of my favorite herbs ever! I know there are ways to keep rabbits out, unfortunately, we rent and live on the same property as our landlords who have final say on the garden. To give you an idea: the garden is in view of the goats (who regularly escape) it is also located on a hill with tall tall evergreens on the south side. It comes down to me having to just help out in with whatever they decide and not try to get attached to my own plans for the garden. Someday I will have a rabbit and goat proof garden!

      Delete

Add to the conversation!