Going Home


       
 We left for the sunny side of the mountains last Friday with Cal and the tiels. We made the trip so we could be there to celebrate the Swezey grandparents 50th anniversary that Saturday.

 This was the first time I had been able to go home since January so I was very happy to see everyone again.  We tried to spread ourselves out so everyone got a chance to see us but alas we couldn't see everyone.
Going home is good for my soul. The land there is as much a part of me as my flesh and blood. Seeing all the people and places I hold dear makes my heart sing. AJ and I dream of the day we can move back here; there are a lot of things we have to finish up before then. 



The anniversary party was well attended, the food was excellent (we have a whole lot of good cooks in the family and friends) and everyone enjoyed the wonderful company. 
























 There were so many great pictures of Phil and Betty as well as the family. Someone(s) put together collages of their wedding, 25th anniversary, kids and grandkids.

That's my husband and his little sister. Look how cute he was! Okay, he still is, just all grown up.








My beautiful sister-in-law, helping with the punch.


















My mom and my itty-bitty sister in law. They might be buddies.






We stayed two nights with my mom and one with AJ's parents. My mom was excited to show me her garden and I was excited to eat her tomatoes and anything else I could find! 


Black Jack the dove with his cage in the grape arbor.


The grapes were so temping I had to try one; they have a ways yet before they will be ripe!





This mulberry tree just showed up in my moms yard last year. We think a bird must have eaten a berry from a tree somewhere in town and left a present to grow in her yard.







The grass and this squash are fighting for space, hopefully the squash wins.
Beautiful black pepper that I can't remember the name of...
                                     Kale and carrots...


Edible chrysanthemum, mom says she isn't eating it but likes it because of the flowers.




This rose blooms in the spring and is absolutely covered when it's in flower.







Tomato Jungle!!! they really need pruned...




We also got to visit my grandparents while we were there. Many of my childhood memories where made in this house and the valley they live in. These are the grandparents we lived with when my parents split up. They have been like a second set of parents to me.





 It's a harsh climate up on the hill and grandpa's stingy with his water yet grandma still manages to have beautiful flower beds and a productive garden.



 Grandma telling us about one of her plants, my mom is the one on the porch.




 There ever growing and shrinking wood pile


 This year grandma decided to just grow squash and tomatoes, well the plants are all HUGE. There were some peas in the back, along the fence but she forgot to leave a path to them and they didn't last long without attention.


The pond looks horrible but it gets topped off with fresh water every time they water. The birds and aquatic critters make good use of it. My grandparents often drink their morning tea and coffee as they watch the birds at the pond.

 We were super excited to be able to bring chickens back with us! These guys had been living at Grandma's since AJ fell and mountain life had taken its toll on them. Hopefully with a little time they will get fat and silky again.
 We had a great time and the trip was well worth getting our schedule out of whack for a little while.  Now we are getting back to our uneventful life at the farm.  I have all the posts I missed this week planned out and I plan on getting them up before Monday, HAhaha..well I said I would try! The trip was a much needed vacation so I hope you can be patience while I get back in the routine.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Loved All the Pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed them! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Add to the conversation!