Draw strength from the vision of the deepest folds of your soul- "Steady Yourself" - Jewel Kilcher

me and my mama




 I have been blessed to grow up in a family and way of life that is rare now days. I didn’t realize how unusual my childhood was until college. I took making sausages, pottery, butchering, canning, cooking from scratch, foraging, gardening -the list is endless- for granted because it was normal. I couldn’t imagine a life without those things.
Unfortunately, those skills are largely a lost art. There are so many people right now trying to rediscover that way of life. I want to help them! I want to inform and inspire people to live closer to the land and their communities, to be healthy, happier, better educated people who appreciate the little things in life.

My college education has informed what I learned growing up. I’m “mostly” a nutrition, agriculture, culinary, genetics, biology, ballet student. What I have been through and learned during college only reinforces my beliefs about how important living from scratch really is. On top of that I have learned some pretty hard-to-swallow truths that have made me change several   aspects of my life.
I know it sounds like a cliché but truly, the more I learn the more I realize how much I still don’t know about anything. I firmly believe that the day you stop learning is the day you die. I hope to share my knowledge and experience with cooking, raising livestock, issues of life and society, crafts (with the help of various craftsmen and  women) and whatever interesting relevant
and a few more...
  things come up. So, I hope you are here because you want to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to the conversation!