Flash Freeze follow-up Videos and Photos


 A lot folks have been interested in using the flash freezing method for chop and greens.  I made a little video of packing up the frozen chop and another to show how some blueberries that are all nicely frozen. I am not a video-genic (is there a real word for this?) person. I didn't make a single version I want anyone to see but I promised to post a video so a video you shall have. Just...be nice to me.


 Here is the chop all spread out and frozen before packing up. I use almost all of my baking stuff to freeze in. Bread pans, pie pans, muffin tins, glass cake pans, my pie transport container, plastic food storage container, and others I'm sure I've forgotten. I leave the chop froze in the muffin tins together to take on trips with me. I really squash it in so its a little more solid and then it thaws slower which is great when traveling.



 Here are some thawed greens and chop that were flash frozen.



 I suppose I could have taken photos of the tater-tots I made and froze and the blackberries. If you want to see them you will have to ask! * As requested, my tater-tot recipe is now posted*

4 comments:

  1. Wow, how do you make tater tots? I never thought of making your own! I like them, but never buy them. Seems like surely they are too processed, and also we don't really have money to buy that kind of food anyway. LOL. Anyway, back to the question - how do you make tater tots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I PROMISE I will do a post next weekend on tater-tots! Its really actually very easy just a little time consuming. I love them but won't buy them because of all the terrible things in them. We use them in our breakfast burritos so I make our own and keep a gallon bag in the freezer. Tater-tot post next weekend !!

      Delete
  2. My husband loves tater tots and tells me that he doesn't get them enough so I would love to make them too!!! So glad that I found your blog and I am your newest follower through GFC!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I converted you, LOL! The tater-tot recipe is posted now, you better check it out :D See you again soon!

      Delete

Add to the conversation!